Rahat Online Communication
SSC CHSL 2017 Application Form, Exam Date (10+2 Level Exam)
SSC CHSL Recruitment 2017: SSC (Staff Selection Commission) conducts SSC Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Exam every year to recruit eligible candidates for the post of Lower Division Clerk (LDC) and Data Entry Operators (DEO). Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) is the top level examinations in India conducted by SSC. The examination is divided into 2 parts- Part I held from 4 to 26 March 2018 while part II on 8th July 2018. The successful candidates of part I will be called to attend part II.
SSC CHSL 2017 Notification
SSC CHSL 2017 (10+2) Tier-1 examination official notification has released. Candidates can Click here to apply for the SSC CHSL 2017.
The posts offered by SSC CHSL 2017
- DEO (Data Entry Officers)- 02
- LDC (Lower Division Clerk)- 898
- Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant –2359
- Data Entry Operator “Grade-A” – Nill
SSC CHSL 2017 Important Dates
|Publication of official notification||18th November 2017|
|Commencement of application process||18th November 2017|
|Last date of application process||27th December 2017|
|Last date for payment of application fee online||27th December 2017|
|Last date for payment of application fee offline||December 2017|
|Downloading of admit card||February 2018|
|Examination date (SSC CHSL 2017)||4th to 26th March 2018|
|Results declaration of part I examination||May 2018|
|Examination date of part II||08 July 2018|
|Final merit list||July 2018|
Number of Vacancy Post wise
|Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant||2359|
|Lower Division Clerk (LDC)||898|
|Data Entry Operator||2|
|Data Entry Operator Grade A||Nil|
- The candidates must have qualified higher secondary (10+2) examination or equivalent from a state or central recognized institute.
- For Data Entry Operator in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
- The minimum age to apply for SSC CHSL 2017 is 18 years and maximum age is 27 years as on 1st August 2017.
- The relaxation in age will be given as follows-
|For SC/ST age relaxation is||5 years|
|For OBC age relaxation is||3 years|
|For PH age relaxation is||10 years|
|For PH+OBC age relaxation is||13 years|
|For PH+SC/ST age relaxation is||15 years|
SSC CHSL 2017 Application form
- The candidates can apply for SSC CHSL 2017 only through online mode.
- The candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria before they start application procedure.
- The candidates can apply through online mode from the official website http://ssc.online.nic.in OR http://ssconline2.gov.in.
- Candidates have to go to the official website of SSC.
- The candidates have to upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature.
- To complete the application process they have to pay the application fee.
- The size of the photograph must be between 4 kb to 12 kb & resolution should be of 100-pixel width by 120 pixels height.
- The size of signature must be between 1 kb to 12 kb & resolution should be of 140-pixel width by 60 pixels height.
- Fee payable: Rs. 100/-(Rupees One Hundred only).
- Candidates can pay either through SBI bank challan (challan can be downloaded, printed & submitted at any CBS branch of SBI) or net banking.
- Nominal service charges may be included in net banking mode of payment.
- The application fee is exempted in case of female candidates and all the reserved category candidates.
SSC CHSL 2017 Selection Process
The Recruitment procedure of SSC CHSL consists of Two stages- Written examination and Skill test or Typing test. The successful candidates of stage I (written examination) called for the stage II skill test or typing test. The SSC CHSL 2017 gives an opportunity to eligible candidates to get recruited at the posts of LDC (Lower Division Clerk) and DEO (Data Entry Operator) in numerous central govt. offices. The reserved category candidates will be adjusted against general category vacancies according to their rank in the merit list. The vacancies of reserved categories will be filled individually by eligible candidates of reserved categories only.
The tiebreaker for candidates scoring same marks will be based on-
- Marks in the written examination
- DOB, older candidate will be given higher position in the merit list
- In alphabetical order, the higher rank will be decided
SSC CHSL 2017 Exam Pattern
The candidates are advised to go through the complete pattern of examination before they start their preparation. Here is a complete examination pattern is given below-
|Components||Tier 1||Tier 2|
|Exam duration||75 Minutes||60 minutes|
|Language Mode||English & Hindi||English and Hindi|
|Negative Marking||0.50 for each wrong attempt||NO|
- There will be 4 sections (General Intelligence, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude & General Awareness) carrying 50 marks for each section.
- The duration of the examination will be 2 hours.
- The question paper will be available both in Hindi & English except the English Language.
- There will be MCQ type questions and ¼ marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The weightege of each will be 50 marks.
- The qualified candidates of part I will be eligible to attend part II examination.
- This examination is qualifying in nature and will be conducted to test the skills of the candidates related to the posts.
- The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and Letter / Application writing of approximately 150-200 words.
- The performance in Tier II would be included for preparing merit.
- The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent.
- The paper will have to be written either in Hindi or in English.
Typing Test for LDC
This test will be conducted in Hindi & English both for the qualified candidates of written examination. The candidates have to mention the language of typing during filling the application form. This examination is also qualifying in nature. The typing speed for the English language should be 35 words/minute and for Hindi language, it should be 30 words/minute.
Skill Test for DEO
This test will be conducted for qualified candidates of written examination. The candidates must maintain data entry speed of 8,000 key depression/hour on the computer. These entries will be judged on the basis of correct entries. The duration of this skill test will be 15 minutes. A printed matter of 2000-2200 strokes/key-depressions in the English language will be provided to each candidate.
SSC CHSL 2017 Admit Card
SSC is going to conduct SSC CHSL 2017 examination this year. The appearing applicants can download their admit cards from the official website of SSC that will be released in February 2018. The applicants will have to bring their admit cards at the examination center, otherwise, they will not be eligible to write the examination.
SSC CHSL 2017 Cut off Marks
SSC CHSL 2017 Result will be updated on the official website after successful completion of the examination, aspirants can download result by accessing official website. To check result and cut off marks for SSC CHAL 2017, Candidate can access the official website of SSC.
SSC CHSL 2016 TIER- 1 Cut-Off:
|Category||Cut-Off Marks||Candidate Available (53201)|
SSC CHSL 2015 TIER- 1 Cut-Off:
|Cut off Marks||119||110||99||89.50||88||83.50||55||45.50|
Tips to Prepare for SSC CHSL 2017
Know the Syllabus:
- The candidates must apprehend the syllabus for the exam.
- Prepare better in those which you can easily do.
- You can easily exclude the topics in which you are not good.
Solve previous year questions:
- To keep in touch with the question asked in the examination, the candidates should repetitively solve the previous year question papers.
- This would also help them know the level of the question paper.
Save Time, Attempt More
- Saving time in one question will automatically lead to candidates attempting more questions.
- The candidates should learn the short tricks which work wonders in any type of preparation.
Take good care of Health
- A lot depends on how you keep yourself ready for the preparation because ultimately the good health matters.
Solve sample paper
- Solving the SSC CHSL Sample Paper will help the candidates grow in confidence.
- It’ll keep them well prepared for the examination in an exam like environment.
Important Books to Prepare for SSC CHSL 2017
For English Language
- Competitive General English by Kiran Prakshan
- Objective English for Competitive Examinations by Tata McGraw Hill
- Quick learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
- Objective General English by S P Bakshi
For General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R S Aggarwal
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Nonverbal (English) by B S Sijwali, Indu Sijwal
For Quantitative Aptitude
- Quicker Mathematics by M. Tyra
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Agarwal
- Elementary and Advanced Mathematics by Kiran Prakashan
For General Awareness
- Manorama Yearbook 2015 (Hindi)
- Manorama Yearbook 2015 (English)
- Lucent’s General Knowledge (Hindi)
- Lucent’s General Knowledge (English)
Rahat Online Communication